6/11/2009

Kindergarten is SEW last year!

Today was my oldest child’s last day of kindergarten.  I am so very sad!  So is he.  He isn’t looking forward to first grade.  There is not enough artsy-fartsy stuff going on at school to keep him happy.  He would rather stay here and paint and draw all day long.  Regardless, we are on to the next thing.  Reluctantly growing up.

Last weekend was our first ballet recital.  From a mother’s perspective I am glad that it is over.  From a little girl’s perspective it should still be going on.  Here are some pictures of my budding ballerinas:

ballet girls 2  lucy ballet

awake ballet girl

Sometimes the show must go on without you….

sleepy ballet girl 

They were super cute on stage.  Ellis did a little impromptu solo and Lucy just spun her umbrella.  That’s what you get when you put three year olds on stage. 

All of you “sew organized” folks would be proud of me.  I actually organized my office yesterday.  It is so much better to work in!  All of the filing is done.  All of the patterns are properly stored in their new (IKEA) boxes.  In and Out boxes…empty.  Ready for business here at The Quilted Fish.  Next up?  My studio (giant sigh).  That one is going to take some time.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

My oldest just finished kindergarten too. It's kind of sad. He's not just a tiny little kindergartener. He will start staying at school all day. We've talked up three recesses, he will be taking French for half the day and other 1st grade stuff. Hopefully we can get him excited.

angie said...

Hi Amanda,

Your blog is soooo AMAZING! I'm really impressed. I finally saw your booth from market and it was great! You're so talented...and guess what? I finally took your advice and created a blog. I'll work on it some more as I go, but at least it's a start! Check it out if you want: qiinspirations.blogspot.com

Oh! If your Love Letters isn't on display on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of July, want to enter it in the Midway Show?

Talk to you soon!
--angie

Michelle Wilkes said...

I would love to see pictures of your studio. Maybe you have posted them on previous posts, and I am new to your blog.
Maybe it would help me as I an trying to plan out mine.
Thanks! And your girls are adorable! we just finished my daughter's (7) recital too (whew!)

Lori said...

It's been a long time since my daughter was in a dance recital. I miss the little kid years!

Renee G said...

I love your girls dance costumes. They are darling. (and so are your girls). I have 2 boys that never were into dance, but it looks like a lot of fun.

rsgrandinetti@yahoo.com