6/16/2008

Life is like a box of chocolates

I thought about using "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" as the title of this post, but I really like chocolate. Well, most chocolate anyway. Sometimes you get a chocolate with a weird filling inside. No matter how much I like chocolate I am not eating that weird filling. So life is really like a box of chocolates! I have such a great life (not trying to brag) but somedays are filled with weird stuff. That is today for me and it is only 11:30! These are the times when I am grateful for my sewing machine and my laptop. What great ways to escape. Quilting brings such comfort in so many ways. Buying the fabric is therapeutic. Thinking about a pattern takes my mind off of other (less pleasurable) things. Finishing a quilt makes me feel euphoric and when you finally get the quilt back from the quilter you can bundle yourself in the warm coziness of your creation. A quilt is warmth to your body and comfort to your soul. So on a day like today when so much seems to be going wrong, it is good to know that when I get to my studio everything will be just great! I hope you are having a great day! If not...head to your sewing machine for some quilting R & R.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Hi, just found your blog through Quilting Bloggers. Love your patterns and can't wait to see what else you come up with. Glad you had fun and quilt market, it sounds like it would be such a fun thing to be able to go to.