7/13/2008

The Waiting Game

I am really not good at the waiting game. I can't believe how slow time seems to be going right now. Tick.........tock............tick.................tock. Will we ever know? We put an offer on a house and we are just waiting to find out if we got it. We are also waiting to find out if we have sold our house (we will know at 9:00 tonight!!). I am also waiting to find out if I get to be an exhibitor at market. I am waiting to pack up my house because I don't know if I am moving. I am waiting to shop for fabric for a new quilt because it's Sunday. I can't take it any more!
Here is a peak at the house we are waiting for...

Don't you love the weeds? I am really hopeful about this house. It is on 1/3 of an acre. One of the many great things about that is that I have convinced my husband to let me have chickens. Yes, you read right. CHICKENS!!! I have decided that I want Barred Rock chickens. I even have a coop picked out. Can't wait to paint it red. And, believe it or not, I even have several sets of names. My husband wants to name them Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (we are not planning on eating them, just their eggs). My father's suggestions are Kiev and Cacciatore. I like Rosemary, Garlic and Lemon. We have been having a really great laugh about this. I wish that we could have a rooster, but I don't think that anyone (including me) would really appreciate that. I will have to make a rooster quilt.

I am having a hard time working on anything/everything because I can't stop thinking about the house! I have so many quilts to work on...hopefully we will hear soon!

May your home be full of "piece" and happiness...

1 comment:

Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

I hope you get some good news soon!!! I hate waiting too!!
Good luck
mary