2/01/2009

Shhh...its time for a Quiet Book!

I still have the quiet book my mom made for me thirty years ago.  It is a treasure to me.  I love that she made me something so precious.  They didn't have a lot of money back then, so that makes it even more special  to me.  I guess that my soft spot for this book is what got me started in the craft industry.  A few years ago I started  making and selling quiet books of my own design.  I had a ton of interest and a long list of people who wanted to buy one.  Eventually I had to start turning people away because I couldn't make any more!  I have recently revisited my patterns and I am working on a pattern to release to the public.  It is a much better version of my original design and I have to say that I am SUPER excited about it.  Here is a little preview....DSC06068

I am hoping to finish the initial designs for the first 12 pages in the next two weeks so I can get the patterns out to testers.  It will most likely be a two book series, with a possible third (religious) version to come.   I am planning the release of the first book in May at the International Quilt Market. 

These books will be heirloom treasures for kids and grand kids (as I am living proof!)

If you are interested in a pattern,  let me know and I will keep you posted on the release date.

3 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

How sweet.

Susan said...

I'd love to know when you release your patterns for the quiet books - they look adorable. I stumbled upon your blog while searching for quiet books! I'll send you and email with my email address. - Thanks!

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

I would also love to know when you release your patterns. I am wanting to make a quiet book for my son and this one looks so cute!!!
my e-mail is susie_lizzy@hotmail.com
Thanks