6/02/2009

A Few of my Favorite Things

I have so many favorite things that I could write an ongoing book about them. Favorite things, favorite people, favorite places, favorite foods (and drinks, of course), favorite books, favorite movies and on, and on, and on. There are so many that it really negates the word "favorite". My personality lends itself in that direction, though. I am a happy and super passionate person so it is easy to find things that I like or L-O-V-E. I am going to share some of my quilting favorites with you today... I don't enjoy winding bobbins. Especially in the middle of a project. But I do like a case of full bobbins ready for my long list of project. This should last me a week or two....
This is bessy. Bessy has a torrid past as a school sewing machine. My grandmother bought it used from the school system and gave it to my mom as a birthday gift. This is the machine I learned to sew on at 10 years old. It will sew through just about anything (including my finger...which has happened more than twice). I love this machine because it NEVER breaks down. It is very uncomplicated and also unable to do many fancy things, but I still love Bessy.
This is Bessy's younger and more sophisticated sister. Her name is Bessy 2.0. I love Bessy 2.0 because she can do many things that Bessy can't. I am not, however, as attached to Bessy 2.o. We do not have the history that Bessy and I have. And she has yet to draw blood. She still remains one of my favorite things! My last thing for today is....notepads. I have so many notepads. Full of lists, drawings, phone numbers, drawings made by bored kids, love notes from my husband, quilt ideas. They are a neccessity for me. I really love the sensation of drawing. Especially with a sharp pencil on a crisp piece of paper. Ahhh, the smell of graphite in the morning. So what are some of your favorite things? Leave me a comment with something you love and I will add your name to the drawing for the $100 in free patterns. Remember to leave your e-mail address so I can contact the lucky winner.

6 comments:

Amy Hamberlin said...

I LOVE the smell of rain after a storm....I love an afternoon that the baseball field especially if my two younger children are with daddy! I love to create! Love the notepad thing too.

Nici said...

I love spending warm breezy New England afternoons relaxing in a comfy chair and reading, I LOVE planning out quilts and seeing them through to the labeling, I enjoy long chats with my best friend Angie!!

Nici
nici826 at yahoo dot com

Andrea said...

I love the smell of fresh cut grass!
Andrea
andreadeus@hotmail.com

Elizabeth said...

As far as sewing... one of my current favorite things is Perfect Circles. I love them. They are so easy to use and great for applique!

I wasn't done with that! said...

Oh I have an old Bernina 703 Record, very similar to the one on this blog. It is great! I have other machines, but that is the machine that I have heart strings for. It was my Grandmothers, and my first machine.

Anne D said...

I love the look of all those full bobbins and I think I wil do that before I start my next project