5/21/2009

I think she ate a smurf and more tales from Spring Market

Today was my sweet little boys sixth birthday party. I will tell you that I had a lot of making up to do because his actual birthday was on Friday while I was at market (wipe away tear here). It was a bittersweet day for me. To ease the pain of my absence on his special day we had three different birthdays for him. School birthday, home birthday and friend birthday. So today was the last day of the drawn out festivities. Let me say that I am not sure who came up with the idea for blue frosting (REALLY blue frosting) but I am not sure that I am on board with the whole idea. I avoid it, which is surprising because I rarely have met a frosting I didn't like. The cupcake cake that I got for the party had blue frosting on half of it. Kids are drawn to the stuff. I think it is that internal sensor that says "There is something that will stain my clothes. I gotta have some!" As I was looking through the pictures from the party I saw one and showed it to my hubby. He said that she looked like she ate a smurf.

I spent the entire evening filling orders. I can't tell you how excited I am to send off these patterns to so many stores! It is so fun to write the names and addresses and think about the people who will be making my patterns. I have heard from lots of people that you are enjoying seeing everyones market pictures, so I will leave you with a few more....

This is Sweetwater. I L-O-V-E their new fabric. I bought a fat quarter stack at shopping spree (I mean sample spree). I also loved their booth. I could see it from my booth and I was loving every one of their quilts.

Me and My Sister...also a few booths down from us. Darling booth!

This is Vicky Payne's booth. She has a great new line of home dec fabric coming out. You can expect to see some Quilted Fish stuff out of this....

There is much more to share, so come back soon!

No comments: